Monday, February 16, 2009

MOTHER'S POEMS






Christian Poems about Mother

By M.S.Lownd

We pray you’ll know God’s love
More abundant in your life
And know how much you’re valued
As a Mother and a wife
We want so much for you to know
We’ve appreciated you
And pray you’ll have a wonderful day
In all that you may do


***Dear Mom***

Dear Mom, I said a prayer for you
to thank the Lord above
For blessing me with a lifetime
of your tenderhearted love.

I thanked God for the caring
you've shown me through the years,
For the closeness we've enjoyed
in time of laughter and of tears.

And so, I thank you from the heart
for all you've done for me
And I bless the Lord for giving me
the best mother there could be
Anonymous


***Legacy of Love***

I've copied you, Mother
My words echo your voice
You're my shining example
The one of my choice

Not thinking about it
I've copied your style
The way that you walk
The way that you smile

You fashioned my dreams
You painted my hopes
I've learned to make knots
At the end of my ropes

We all learn to love,
But not from a friend
I learned your strength
And when I should bend

Mom, you've mapped the way
To Heaven above
By teaching me kindness
By teaching me love
Anonymous


***Moms and Daughters***

You can see it in their eyes,
in tender hugs and long good-byes,
a love that only moms and daughters know.

You can see it in their smiles,
through passing years and changing styles,
a friendship that continually seems to grow.

You can see it in their lives,
the joy each one of them derives,
in just knowing that the other one is there...

To care and to understand,
lend an ear or hold a hand,
and to celebrate the memories they share.
Anonymous


***To Mother***

You filled my days with rainbow lights,
Fairytales and sweet dream nights

A kiss to wipe away my tears,
Gingerbread to ease my fears

You gave the gift of life to me,
And then in love, you set me free

I thank you for your tender care,
For deep warm hugs and being there

I hope that when you think of me,
A part of you, you'll always see
Anonymous


***POEMS ABOUT MOTHER***

There are times when only a Mother's love
Can understand our tears,
Can soothe our disappoints
And calm all of our fears.

There are times when only a Mother's love
Can share the joy we feel
When something we've dreamed about
Quite suddenly is real.

There are times when only a Mother's faith
Can help us on life's way
And inspire in us the confidence
We need from day to day.

For a Mother's heart and a Mother's faith
And a Mother's steadfast love
Were fashioned by the Angels
And sent from God above.


***MOTHERS DAY POEM***

To one who bares
the sweetest name
and adds the pleasure
not the gain
who shares my joy
and cheers when sad
the greatest friend
I've ever had
long life to her
for there's no other
can take the place
of my dear Mother

No comments:

Post a Comment